When and where?
Spring Programmes 2020
Commercial Scuba QQI Level 6
- 17-21 Febuary, Occupational First Aid, Oxygen Administration and Diving First Aid
- 24 February - 20 March, Commercial Scuba
Surface Supplied Diving QQI Level 6
- 30 March - 20 April, Surface Supplied Diving
Courses are delivered at the BIM National Fisheries College of Ireland, Castletownbere, Co. Cork.
- Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) Level 6 Certificate in Commercial SCUBA Diving Operations
- Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) Level 6 Certificate in Surface Supplied Inshore Diving Operations
BIM Commercial Diving courses are the only courses in Ireland approved by the HSE UK. Under SI 254 Safety Health and Welfare at Work (diving) Regulations 2018 anyone working as a diver must hold a Commercial Divers certificate of training.
Who is the programme for?
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in the Irish aquaculture sector as a commercial diver
- Anyone already working in the aquaculture industry as a diver who do not hold a commercial diving qualification
- Anyone working in aquaculture who is interested in expanding their skill-set/ experience
- Divers currently holding a Commercial Scuba qualification are eligible to progress to the Surface Supplied diving course
- Ability to swim 200m
- Commercial Divers medical completed by an approved doctor*
- Numeracy and Literacy*
- National Powerboat certificate or equivalent*
- Occupational First Aid*
- Commercial SCUBA programme is €5,500
- Surface Supply programme is €5,900
Funding Applications are invited on the BIM grants portal bim.flexigrant.com for European Maritime & Fisheries Fund (EMFF) assistance to help fund the fees for this programme.
Grant aid for up to 50% of the course fees and learner support costs are available for adults already working in the seafood sector.
With experience and training, commercial divers can continue their career within the aquaculture industry.
Further Information and booking
For further information and booking please contact Shane Begley or Brian Murphy, BIM National Fisheries College of Ireland, Castletownbere
M: +353 (0)87 289 7629 (Shane Begley)