- Individual Seafood Processing SMEs
- Collectives of Seafood Processing SMEs
- SME enterprises planning to enter the seafood processing industry
- Public Bodies
Industry projects with the objective of developing new value added products/ processes or the certification of products beyond legislative requirements (e.g. BRC).
Public projects with the objective of developing new value added products/processes and technologies including facilitating innovation and knowledge transfer between industry and research institutions.
Industry and Public projects with the objective of enabling seafood SMEs to develop a structured business approach to seafood innovation and assist in Business Planning, Gap Analysis and Mentoring to Seafood SMEs.
Funding includes third party professional costs relating to:
- Innovation advisory services
- Activities directly related to the production development process
- Technical development of packaging
- Product testing and validation
- Consumer/ user testing
- Piloting through to final product approval
- Rental costs
- Business planning and project feasibility
- Project activities directly related to defining the business opportunity
- Industry Quality Standard costs beyond legislative requirements.
- Please see your application form for full information on eligible expenditure.
Ineligible expenditure includes costs relating to:
- Rental of machinery other than from an establishment whose core business is the supply/rental of said equipment
- Non third party costs, e.g. operational costs of the business
- Brand design promotion.
- Trial product and logistics costs (exceeding 10% of the overall approved expenditure)
- The cost of existing product, stock or raw material used as part of the project
- Energy, maintenance and operational costs
- Travel and subsistence costs.
BIM service projects: 100% funded
Public projects: up to 100% capped at €1,000,000 per project
Industry projects: up to 50% capped at €20,000 per project, per year
Collective industry projects:
No. of Members in the Industry Collective
|Maximum Grant Aid Receivable per project per year|
2 members collective
3 members collective
4 members collective
4+ members collective
Note: The actual amount of grant and grant rate awarded is at the discretion of the Board.
How to apply
Contact Catherine Collins. Catherine will direct you through BIM’s electronic application process by phone on +353 (0)1 2144154 or email Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does the process take?
On receipt of the application, approval can take up to six weeks but may take longer should supporting documentation additional to the application be required.