Brexit Off-Register Capacity Buy-out Scheme
The purpose of this scheme is to minimise the risk to the voluntary decommissioning scheme from re-entry of vessels after decommissioning by buying out a proportion of off-register capacity in the under 18m and over 18 polyvalent fleet.
Who is Eligible
- This scheme is open to owners of polyvalent off-capacity (excluding Polyvalent Potting), that have not lost their entitlement as per Policy Directive 2/2003 and have not received capacity through the “Lost at Sea” scheme.
- The capacity to be withdrawn must, at the time of application, be confirmed as being off-register by the Licensing Authority for Sea-fishing Vessels.
Buy-out premiums will be paid in respect of applications approved and accepted at the following rates:
- Polyvalent vessels equal to or over 18m in length overall where the current market value of capacity is €2,800/GT & €850/kW; and
- Polyvalent vessels under 18m in length overall where the current market value of capacity is €2,200/GT & €825/kW
The maximum payment to any applicant will be capped at €250,000.
How to Apply
Apply online on Grant Electronics Management System
Warning: This application form is not compatible with mobile devices. For best results please use desktop/laptop when completing this form.
For technical queries in relation to BIM’s Grants Electronic Management System (GEMS) please contact the grants helpdesk using this form.
- Click here to download the Getting Started with the BIM online Grant system guide.
- Click here to download the Guidelines for Applicants
- Click here to download the Off-Register Buy-Out Scheme Appendix 1 Terms & Conditions
- Click here to download the Scheme 2023 Letter of Offer Brexit Off-Register Capacity Buy-out Scheme
You will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents, in PDF or image format:
- Confirmation that the capacity is currently off-register from the Licensing Authority.
- Click here to create an email to the Licensing Authority for Sea-fishing Boats to request a statement of your off-register capacity.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is provided.
Delays caused by failure to do so may result in:
- significant delays in payment of a grant
- failure to qualify for approval under the Scheme.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org