New food labelling rules will come into force in December 2014 and in order to assist the seafood industry to get ready for the changes, BIM are running a series of seminars which will give an overview of the new labelling requirements as well as an update on existing legislation. These seminars are being organised in collaboration with the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) and the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority (SFPA).
Experts will provide you with information on:
- New Food Information Regulation as it relates to seafood (Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011)
- The specific labelling and traceability requirements for fishery products, and
- Nutrition and health claims relevant to seafood.
- Sligo, Tues 08 July 2014, Sligo Park Hotel, Pearse Road, Sligo
- Dublin, Wed 09 July 2014, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
- Cork, Thurs 10 July 2014, National Seafood Centre, Clonakilty, Co Cork.
All seminars start at 9am and finish at 1pm.
Who should attend?
Owners, general managers and technical managers with responsibility for ensuring that all seafood offered for sale complies with labelling legislation.
Information and Booking:
This is a free event but advance booking is required as places are limited. Contact Lorraine O’Byrne in BIM on 01 2144185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Labelling Seminar Information Note and Agenda (pdf 353Kb)