The Shellfish Regional Information Sessions are a series of free, informal events for all those involved in the shellfish industry.
Take the opportunity to learn more about the role of the Irish Shellfish Monitoring Programme and how it assists the industry ensure that live bivalve molluscs placed on the market meet the highest standards of food safety.
Topics such as biotoxin and phytoplankton monitoring, phytoplankton sampling, shellfish traceability, microbiological classification and viruses will be covered.
There are 5 regional meetings scheduled:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Sligo – 24th September (Tues)
- Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Co. Galway – 25th September (Wed)
- Brandon Hotel, Tralee, Co. Kerry – 30th September (Mon)
- SFPA Offices, Clonakilty, Co. Cork – 1st October (Tues)
- FSAI Offices, Abbey St. Dublin – 18th October (Tues)
To register for one of these events visit www.fsai.ie/events or phone Lorna Tallon on 01 817 1398
The events are being run by the FSAI with the support of the SFPA, the Marine Institute and BIM