We work directly with you, the sector, to develop gear modifications and other technical conservation measures that minimise unwanted catches of juvenile or low quota fish, and address landing obligation requirements.
Our planned work for 2017 includes (but is not limited to):
- Improved selectivity in the Nephrops fishery
- Improved selectivity in mixed demersal trawl fisheries targeting fish species
- Survivability studies
- Other studies which address landing obligation requirements
To assist in this work BIM will appoint a panel(s) of suitably qualified vessels on full charter basis:
- Applicants will be required to provide information on their vessels and meet minimum criteria in relation to their suitability to participate in BIM gear trials.
- As specific gear trials arise, a mini competition based on price, will subsequently be run between successful applicants. Commencing in June 2017, the duration of the panels will be a maximum of three years.
- Applications to participate in these studies can be submitted at any time during this period but an early application will improve your chance of being involved in the 2017 trials.
How to apply
- Download the application form (pdf 872Kb)
- For further information call 01 2144148, fax to 01 230 0564, email email@example.com or speak to your local BIM officers.