Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport Class 3 Certificate of Competency Engineer Officer (Fishing Vessel)
Next course scheduled at our college in Greencastle: contact email@example.com or phone 074 9381068
- Department of Transport Class 3 Certificate of Competency Engineer Officer (Fishing Vessel)
- Engineering Technology QQI Award (Major) Level 5 - Further Education + Training
- FAS Mechanical Engineering Certificates in Bench Fitting, Milling, Manual Arc and Gas Welding
Duration: One academic year at the National Fisheries College, Greencastle, Co. Donegal followed by one year qualifying sea service on board a commercial fishing vessel.
Progression: Students can progress to Class 2 and Class 1 Certificates of Competency with further study and sea time.
This training programme is currently being validated by the Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC).
Marine Engineering Processes QQI Award (Minor) Level 5 - Further Education + Training
For next courses scheduled in our college in Castletownbere contact firstname.lastname@example.org on 027 71230.
Objective: to provide participants with a basic understanding of the operation of marine diesel engines and associated machinery on small vessels.
Course fee: €200
Duration: 3 weeks
- Vessel construction
- Main propulsion systems
- Auxiliary machinery
- Electrical systems
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Health, safety and the environment