BIM Young Fishmonger Competition
BIM are evolving a range of supports for you our retail clients. As part of this evolution BIM will no longer be continuing with the Young Fishmonger Competition in its current format. May we thank you for your passion and support for the competition over the past five years. We look forward to working with you to grow your seafood business through our new services.
New Fishmonger Training Programme
BIM’s Fishmonger Training Programme provides the essential knowledge and skills required to work competently in a seafood retailing business and develop technical fish filleting skills.
Delivered over seven days between September and November 2018 this new programme involves demonstrations, practical sessions and classroom learning.
View the programme schedule in the Fishmonger Training Programme Leaflet (pdf 697Kb)
Our retail development programme is designed to grow seafood retail business and ensure best practice is followed by outlets nationwide.
To discuss our programme contact Lorraine O'Byrne on (01) 2144185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide educational workshops on a wide range of relevant topics.
- Seafood business planning
- Food safety management systems
- Introduction to fish handling and filleting techniques and quality assessment
- Maximising the potential of the seafood counter
- Cold chain management and labelling
Food Safety Management Programme
We will assist your retail company to implement a Food Safety Management System to ensure your seafood offering meets the highest standards of food safety and hygiene.
BIM works with each company on an individual basis providing:
- On-site mentoring on food safety and hygiene issues
- Food safety training - learn about the training
- An interactive food safety workbook.
To learn more about the programme contact Eileen Soraghan on (01) 2144112 or email email@example.com
Our publications to assist retailers
- Retail Labelling Requirements for Sale of Seafood (pdf 658Kb)
- Guidance Note for Seafood Retailers - Allergens Information for Consumers (pdf 124Kb)
- Allergen Chart Template for Seafood Retailers (pdf 32Kb)
- Benefits of Eating Fish - A Guide for Retailers (pdf 309Kb) This booklet explains how you can communicate the nutritional benefits of fish to your customers
- A Retailers Guide to Cold Chain Management for Seafood (pdf 478Kb) will inform you on temperature control and time both crucial in the seafood industry
- Seafood Retail Handbook (pdf 10,824Kb) Learn about species identification, selection, storage, display and general seafood product knowledge