Advice on Aquaculture licensing service
Fish farming is carried out on the foreshore, a common property of every citizen in Ireland. To be sustainable, fish farming must be carried out in harmony with the other activities on the foreshore, which are on the increase. Licensing of aquaculture has become more sophisticated as a result.
We help fish farmers successfully renew existing licences or to obtain a new licence.
When applying for a license, fish farmers can:
- get help from one of our team of regional Aquaculture Resource Development Officers
- get help via our network in making a license application
Advice on grand aid available to your business
Find out about funding for projects that promote knowledge, innovation and technology in aquaculture or the sustainable growth of output, value and employment in the sector. Learn about the schemes
Group Marking of Sites to Improve Navigation and Safety
Our regional officers will work with groups of fish farmers from the initial design of the marking scheme, through to the specification and installation the new marks.
What are the benefits for my business?
- Under your Aquaculture License you are required to mark your site.
- Your site will be marked effectively with highly specified marks.
- Maintenance costs are low as there are fewer marks of a longer lifespan.
Funding may available to assist with this work.
For further information or assistance contact your local BIM officer.