Note: Beneficiaries may only have one active project under this Scheme. BIM will not accept a new project application from a beneficiary under the Seafood Capital Investment Scheme while previously approved projects are outstanding.
- Individual Seafood Processing SMEs
- SME enterprises planning to enter the seafood processing industry
Eligible costs will include capital investments:
- contributing to energy saving or reducing the impact on the environment, including waste treatment
- Improving safety, hygiene, health and working conditions
- supporting the processing of catches of commercial fish that cannot be destined for human consumption
- relating to the processing of by-products resulting from main processing activities
- relating to the processing of organic aquaculture products
- that lead to new or improved products or new or improved processes, or new or improved management and organisation systems.
Please see your brochure for full information on eligible and ineligible expenditure.
A maximum eligible cost of €3 million applies with grant rates of:
- Up to 15% for primary processing and ancillary items
- Up to 30% for secondary processing
Applicants may include a mix of both primary and secondary grant types.
Note: The actual amount of grant awarded will be at the discretion of the Board.
Contact your BIM Key Account Manager for further information.
How to apply:
- Download the Seafood Processing Capital Investment Scheme Information Booklet (pdf 1,190Kb)
- Contact Genevieve Doherty. Genevieve will direct you through BIM’s electronic application process by phone on +353 (0) 1 2144 232 or email Genevieve.Doherty@bim.ie
How long does the process take?
From application to approval under the programme usually takes up to six weeks but may take longer should supporting documentation additional to the application be required.
- In order to be considered for aid under the scheme, the following criteria will apply:
- Any monies owing to the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food must be paid in full
- Premises must be approved by the SFPA under Regulation (EC) No. 853/2004. (PDF 988Kb)
- Projects must be consistent with EMFF Operational Programme 2014-2020.
- For full details of grant criteria check your application form.