Owners of licenced marine tourism vessels less than or equal to 15 metres in registered length overall which operate in Irish coastal waters.
Both the purchase and installation of safety equipment may be funded by the scheme. The full list of items covered by the scheme are listed on the application form; these incude things such as:
- Life rafts
- Life jackets
- Distress flares
- First aid kits
- Bilge pumps
- Safety manuals
The grant provides funding for up to 40% of the amount claimed.
- No minimum level of expenditure applies to this scheme.
- The grant aid available in respect of any vessel is 40% of the total eligible costs, subject to the cumulative grant not exceeding €3,000 for this or any previous application in the three years up to the date of approval of this application.
For full details see your application form.
How to apply
Save the Marine Tourism Vessel Safety Scheme Application Form (pdf 827Kb) to a location on your computer.
Once you have the form, you’ll need to:
- Launch the form from your computer and complete the form savingthe changes
- Carefully review the terms and conditions
- Ensure you have sent us your vessels annual ecnomic data - learn about our Annual Fisheries Economic Survey
- Provide a copy of your passenger boat licence
- Fill out the attached table of equipment/installations
- Provide your supplier quotations
- Check you have included all the documentation required
- Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or
post to: BIM Fisheries Development Division, Crofton Rd., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
How long does the process take?
From application to approval under this scheme usually takes up to 10 working days but may take longer should supporting documentation or additional information to the application be required.
Funding for the Marine Tourism Vessel Safety Scheme grant stems from European Fisheries Fund 2007-2013 Regulation (pdf 9,030Kb) . This legislation sets the Fund’s objectives, responsibilities and financial framework for 2007-2013.
European Fisheries Fund 2007-2013 Vademecum (pdf 376Kb)
European Fisheries Fund 2007-2013 A users guide (pdf 10,550Kb)