This Scheme is open to open to both the public sector and to the aquaculture industry.
Three types of project are eligible for funding:
Project Type 1: Innovation
Knowledge, Innovation and Technology. Working with technical and research institutions to develop innovative products and investment in innovative technology and trialling such technology under commercial conditions to improve performance and competitiveness whilst also assisting measures to improve long term environmental sustainability. These projects may concern for example; the development of new types of structures for farming; research into new types of aquaculture such as aquaponics, recirculation systems, multitrophic aquaculture.
This type of project must be carried out in partnership with a research or technical institution.
Projects Type 2: Animal Welfare & Disease Management
Developing new and innovative methods for ensuring animal welfare and disease management in the sector whilst ensuring that these techniques or treatments conform with principles of organic management where necessary.
Projects Type 3: Advisory Services
Business, Planning and Environmental Advisory Services: The provision of management and advisory services for aquaculture farms in order to improve performance and competitiveness and to reduce the environmental impact of operations.
Grant aid is available at the following rates:
Open the form from your computer and complete the form saving the changes
|Project Category||Maximum support rate||Maximum Support amount pa|
|1. Industry Projects||50%||€200,000|
|2. Collective Projects||75%||€500,000|
|3. Public Projects||100%||€500,000|
How to apply
- Save the Knowledge Gateway Aquaculture Scheme Brochure and Application Form (pdf 778Kb)
- Open the form from your computer and complete the form saving the changes
- The completed application form should be:
- Emailed to email@example.com
- In addition a signed, printed copy with supporting documentation should be posted to:
Aquaculture Project Section
BIM Aquaculture Development Division,
How long does the process take?
Receipt of completed application will be acknowledged within two weeks.
- Projects must be consistent with EMFF Operational Programme 2014-2020 and the National Strategic Plan forAquaculture
- A body or individual applying for grant aid must demonstrate that, in addition to any grant assistance sought, they have the financial, human and technical resources required to successfully implement the investment programme
- Applications must be submitted to an implementing agency and acknowledged by an implementing agency before any payments are made to suppliers
- Must have a current tax clearance certificate
- Must comply with conditions of the letter of offer.
For full details of grant criteria check your application form.