The Fisheries Local Area Development Scheme
Read the latest Procurement Requirements for Grant Aid for EMFF Co-funded Schemes (pdf 100Kb)
Call for Project Applications
Ireland’s seven Fisheries Local Action Groups (FLAGs), invite applications for grant aid under the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Operational Programme 2014 -2020, co-funded by the European Union and Irish Government. Project proposals must be consistent with the FLAG Local Development Strategy for the FLAG area in question and address one or more of the following themes:
- Adding value to fishery and aquaculture products
- Creating/maintaining jobs in coastal areas
- Promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture
- Supporting diversification within coastal communities
- Lifelong learning, attracting young people into fisheries, aquaculture, and marine related careers and activities
- Promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Promoting best environmental practices
- Strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development.
Specific priorities have been developed from these themes for each FLAG area. Applicants should therefore consult the relevant FLAG strategy for the specific priorities for their area. It is also highly recommended that projects are discussed in advance with your local BIM FLAG Coordinator. It is anticipated that project evaluations will be carried out by the FLAGs on a quarterly basis, however budgetary constraints may mean that available funds are limited for evaluations held later in the year. To guarantee inclusion in the first scheduled evaluation, applications must be received no later than 5pm on the 15th of March 2017.
This programme operates on an open call basis and will remain open to applications until otherwise advertised on www.bim.ie and the projected FLAG website.
FLAG Area Strategies
- FLAG North (Coastal communities of Donegal) (pdf 1,652Kb)
- FLAG NORTH WEST (Coastal communities of Mayo, SLigo and Leitrim) (pdf 1,799Kb)
- FLAG WEST (Coastal communities of Galway and Clare) (pdf 1,837Kb)
- FLAG SOUTH WEST (Coastal communities of Kerry & Limerick) (pdf 1,407Kb)
- FLAG SOUTH (Coastal communities of Cork) (pdf 1,728Kb)
- FLAG SOUTH EAST (Coastal communities of Wicklow, Wexford and Waterford) (pdf 1,909Kb)
- FLAG NORTH EAST (Coastal communities of Louth, Meath and Dublin) (pdf 1,661Kb)
How to apply:
- Save the Fisheries Local Action Group Programme 2016-2023 Grant Application Form (pdf 901Kb) or as Gaeilge Clár na nGrúpaí Gníomhaíochta Iascaigh Áitiúla 2016-2023 Foirm Iarratais ar Dheontas (pdf 1,518Kb)
- Launch the form from your computer location and complete the form saving the changes. Read the Filling in a PDF Form page for detailed instructions on how to fill out this form.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com and
- Post the signed copy of the application to: Caroline Curraoin, FLAG Investment Coordinator, C/O Bord Iascaigh Mhara, P.O. Box 9799, Crofton Road, Dun laoghaire, Co. Dublin
For full details of grant criteria check your application form