Island Seafoods Ltd. has a history of continuous improvment to efficiencies at their plant through:
- updates to the company’s operations and
- reducing their energy and water requirements.
Financial Benefits to Date
- Cost Savings: €32,000 / Annum
- Investment: €86,000
- Payback: 2.5 Years
Environmental Benefits to Date
- CO2 reduced - 137.5 Tonnes p.a.
As part of its work towards a Sustainability Charter for Bord Bia’s Origin Green Programme, Island Seafoods is currently working with GreenBusiness to further reduce their environmental impact through:
- Further reducing electrical demand in the blast freezers and chillers by switching from metal halide lights to LEDs
- Reducing water use through improved cleaning practices
- Designing a heat recovery system which will take waste heat from the current refrigeration system and preheat water for use throughout the site.
With a vision of sustainability now ingrained within the business, Island Seafoods demonstrates how this important indigenous sector can progress towards a Clean, Green and Sustainable Sector.
Read the Island Seafoods Case Study (pdf 754Kb)