What is BIM's Seafood Innovation Hub?
BIM's Seafood Innovation Hub offers you the opportunity to test and trial your company’s innovative product and process ideas in our facilities, before committing to full commercialisation and capital investment costs.
Watch this video to find out how the innovation hub can work with you to grow your business
Our Seafood Innovation Hub is integrated with BIM’s business planning services to ensure Irish seafood companies are provided with all necessary business development and innovation services.
Read the case studies on some of our product innovation projects:
Benefishal - Healthy fish and sweet potato chips (pdf 593Kb)
New product development for mackerel (pdf 682Kb)
BIM's Seafood Innovation Hub has an overall space of 768sqm, including the following state-of-the-art facilities:
- Product processing
- Product development kitchen
- Innovation & product concept room
- Two business incubation units
- Reception and administration
The overall aim of BIM's Seafood Innovation Hub is to help grow your business and to help you add sustainable, profitable, competitive, value-added offerings that meet your customers’ requirements. Our services include:
Our team of experts will look at your company’s strategy, idea generation and focus on projects that will make the biggest difference. We are experienced in managing both large and small scale projects and will work with you from the very beginning of a concept or at any stage in the new product development process.
We will provide you with:
- insight on new and emerging markets competitor
- analysis from your target market and identify gaps in the market
- advise on pack sizes, pack formats and price points currently on the market
We will work with your company to:
- develop your recipe in our state-of-the-art test kitchen and bring your concept to life using ingredients and flavours on trend with the market
- look at the sensory profile and consumer test your product for fast feedback on product attributes
- monitor the costs throughout the process
BIM's Seafood Innovation Hub allows you to:
- develop the process and equipment necessary for the production environment
- apply regulatory factory standards to the production process to produce a safe and legal product
- pack your product and trial modern packaging technology to maximise shelf life and presentation
We look at your factory layout as well as recipe scale-up and first production run, which are critical to the successful launch of any new product. We will visit your premises to enable the smooth transition from pilot plant to full scale-up
BIM's Seafood Innovation Hub also runs a specialist seafood graduate programme, connecting final year students of food technology and related disciplines, with seafood companies developing new products.
Is BIM's Seafood Innovation Hub right for me?
We facilitate businesses of all sizes, including both start-ups and established companies.