We can assist you in getting certified so you can use the quality approved organic logo (in addition to the EU organic logo) and help your products stand out in the market place.
EU Organic logo
Organic Standard for Salmon
Ireland is a leader in organic salmon, accounting for 83% of total annual salmon production - demonstrating the potential of organic farming in the marketplace.
Specific requirements for organic salmon production include;
- Diet containing organic and natural ingredients free from GMO’s
- Protection of fish welfare and promotion of fish health with low stocking densities of less than 10KG/M³
- The use of feed from sustainable sources
- The use of natural over synthetic products and processes
- A respect of nature, the environment and a commitment to recycling, reuse and recovery
- Maintenance of a healthy and sustainable aquatic ecosystem
To inquire about the scheme contact BIM’s Finfish Quality Officer Vera Heffernan.
Organic Standard for Mussels
As mussels access their feed naturally from the marine environment, the organic requirements are centred on environmental friendly management practises.
- Sustainable management plan following the principles of organic production
- Appropriate waste management planning
- Responsible sourcing of seed from sustainable stock
- Respect for nature and biodiversity
- Removal of bio-fouling only by hand or physical means
To inquire about the scheme contact BIM’S Shellfish Quality Officer Vicky Lyons.