Future-proof your finances
Learn how to make informed business decisions and arrangements that protect your family and support your seafood business over the financial year.
BIM working with Women in Fisheries and the National Fishermen’s Development Group are presenting a series of regionally based workshops focusing on managing fishing-family businesses.
- Legal entities and options available to set up and register a business
- Succession and estate planning
- Employment law
Invited guest speaker Eibhlin O’Sullivan has extensive experience in these important areas within the seafood sector.
To attend either event, please register in advance as places are limited.
Dates and Venues
Ballycotton, Co. Cork
Date: Thursday, 07 November 2019
Time: 19:00 to 21:30
Venue: BIM’s Coastal Training Unit will be outside the RNLI Lifeboat Station, Ballycotton
Informed business decisions and arrangements can protect your family and support you over the full financial year.
Items such as the legal obligations of sole traders and setting up a limited company. Related topics include pension opportunities for both fishermen and women in the businesses.
While this is not a pensions workshop, the pension benefits of being a limited company director will be highlighted. This may be of interest to women either doing unpaid or paid work in the family business.
The topics of Wills will cover:
- How Wills should be considered as a living document that can be changed and updated as circumstances change
- Key elements that makes a Will a legal document
- Differences between when you needed a Will, a lasting power of attorney or an enduring power of attorney
- Anonymous case studies highlighting examples of the impact on business and family accounts when some of these legal instrument were lacking or present further emphasize the role that these instruments do securing the family and business in the light of a death, temporary incapacity, long term incapacity and on a positive note; the security they bring to a fishing family business.
Key area of Employment law important to the industry will be outlined.