Brexit Mentoring Programme
BIM’s Brexit Mentoring Programme supports seafood companies importing/exporting products to or through the UK to “Get Brexit Ready”. The programme focuses on supporting seafood companies to identify and action key steps in relation to customs, tariffs and non-EU trade requirements.
The support will be provided by an approved BIM specialist advisor.
- Introductory call with the client, specialist advisor & BIM contact to analyse the client’s current position and Brexit preparedness.
- A company-specific plan with recommended actions is issued to each client shortly after the call.
- The specialist advisor will support and advise the client to action their plan with an emphasis on urgent actions, which may include areas such as:
- Customs Classification – establishing duty rates, applying Rules of Origin in the case of an FTA and required for TRACES/IPAFFS
- Setting up Deferred Payment Accounts
- Lodging declarations with Revenue and HMRC
- Import and Export Customs Procedures
- Advice on import or export to Northern Ireland
- Border Control Procedures and Requirements
- Review of VAT position in Ireland and the UK
- Duty mitigating procedures e.g. Inward Processing Relief, Outward Processing Relief, Customs Warehouse
- Introduction to AEO authorisation
- Advice surrounding Origin – Preferential (in the case of a Free Trade Agreement) and Non-preferential (which is mandatory in any case)
The BIM Brexit Mentoring Programme will be 100% funded by BIM, up to a maximum of €4,000 per company. The Programme is funded under the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) and supported by the Government of Ireland.
*The Programme will be limited and offered on a first come, first served basis.
*If the client does not show up at the agreed time for the introductory call or subsequent calls, BIM has the option to retract the support offer.